GDL Awards are now open
Applications for the GDL Awards are now open and the closing date is 1pm on 5 May 2017. £200,500 will be awarded in 2017.
- Anyone intending to do the BPTC upon completion of the GDL and who intends to practice at the Bar of England & Wales is eligible.
- The number of applicants and the number of awards offered vary from year to year, roughly 50-80 people will apply and roughly 20–25 awards will be offered.
- Candidates studying part-time or who are undertaking the two-year postgraduate LLB are eligible but only one award will be made (i.e. in a case where the course is taken over two years the award will be the same as if it was done full-time over one year).
- The Inner Temple is the only Inn that will guarantee a GDL scholarship winner an award of at least equal value for their BPTC. Holders of GDL awards are welcome to apply for a higher award for their BPTC year and they will not, by doing so, jeopardise their right to the guaranteed amount.
- The Inner Temple intends to interview every eligible candidate, the 2017 interviews will take place on the evening of Friday 23 June (from 4.30pm) and during the day on Saturday 24 June.
Please review the full details of our awards here.