Article Index

Practising Overseas Barristers

I am a practising barrister abroad, can I be called to the Bar in England?

If you have been practising as a lawyer in your own country for 3 years or more then you need to contact Pauline Smith or telephone +44 (0) 20 7611 1444 at the Bar Standards Board to find out whether you are eligible to be called to the Bar in England. Please see the Bar Standards Board website for more information.